Thursday, March 26, 2009

TEVEZ: "I'd do anything for Diego"

Carlos TEVEZ:

On whether he will start against Venezuela:

"I'm confident, but we don't know who's going to play from the start. I'm ready to play my part".

"I'm hurt when I'm not amongst the starting players, but I understand. All I can do is to forget about being selfish and do my best whenever I have the chance to play. I have to be ready at all times".

On how the team is shaping up for the next World Cup:

"To win a World Cup, you need to have a great relationship with your team-mates. The only way to do it is to work as a team, as an entire squad. One can't do a thing without a squad around".

"Every one of us has the same dream: to win the World Cup with Argentina. It'll be the greatest thing and a great way to pay back all the people that support our national team through thick and thin".

"I think Argentina took another dimension when MARADONA took over. The expectation level is higher than ever before. That's a good thing. We have a huge support".

On being close to Diego when he was ill and living his worse time:

"It makes me even happier to see him so well like he is these days. I'd anything for Diego. Back then, all I could do was to support him. Now what I'll do is to give him my best efforts from now on".

Please, don't forget to check out Mundo Albiceleste's first podcast.

If you haven't hear it yet, you can click on: download.

1 comment:

messidona19 said...

i really like tevez's workrate although i still believe that he has to improve his scoring rate in an argentine shirt...