Tuesday, July 10, 2007

FIBA Americas - JASEN Out. CHAPU In?

Sergio FERNANDEZ preparation for the FIBA Americas took another blow as Hernan JASEN has became the latest player to withdraw from the Argentina squad. The Adecco Estudiantes forward, who suffered a lateral ligament tear in his right knee in May and has failed to recover sufficiently, informed coach Sergio HERNANDEZ of his decision to drop out by letter on Thursday.

Jasen said: “I am very sorry that I have to say that I will find it impossible to be part of the Argentina squad who will play in the FIBA Americas Championship in Las Vegas. The reason is the injury I suffered in May that has recurred recently. I have sent all the medical tests that I had done at Estudiantes to the CABB (Basketball Confederation of Argentina) doctors. I would have loved to help the national team clinch qualification to the Olympic Games, as I'm proud to wear the national shirt.”To coach HERNANDEZ, JASEN added: "I am available for future selection and wish you the best luck in the championship. I want to thank you for the attention you've paid to me, giving me all your support during this bad time."

This has certainly not been a good time for HERNANDEZ as it is confirm that he will be without superstars Manu GINOBILI, Fabricio OBERTO, Walter HERRMANN and Pepe SANCHEZ.


However there is a chance that Chicago BULLS Andres “CHAPU” Nocioni, could make the trip after his agent, Claudio VILLANUEVA revealed that there is a chance of him been active in Las Vegas.

"He really wants to do it", VILLANUEVA said. The player, member of the Chicago Bulls in the NBA, has been suffering of a plantar fascitis in his right foot.

Today, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. “He really wants to do this…he began to train about six days ago”, VILLANUEVA, informed.

This announcement opens the possibility of NOCIONI playing alongside with DELFINO and SCOLA, two of the stars that did accepted to be part of the team in Vegas

Watch out for this space

3 comments:

TheTrasher said...

hi man, my name is sebastian, alias thetrasher, and i hope that chapu feels well of his illness in his foot and accept to participate in the pre olympics games....

your site is too good, i have bookmarked it to my favorites.

i have two blogs, visits and tell me what you think about it, practice your spanish. :D

http://thetrasher.com.ar (personal)

http://milrayita.com.ar

the milrayitas is the nick name of Peñarol, is a team that participates in the LNB like NBA but in Argentina. last seasson we was number one along the regular sesson. and we lose the final of playoff against boca jr.

best regards

John said...

Hi thetrasher!!!

Welcome to our blog,

Please spread the news around about this blog, we would love to hear more from fans like you.

Yes!!! Really hoping that CHAPU will make a u-turn on his decision and play in the FIBA Americas

Gracias Amigo

Vamos Argentina!!!

Puyolsitoo said...

mmmm... my english is not excellent, so i will "talk" (write) in spanish...

Buenos días muchachos! soy el creador de http://doblequeso.blogspot.com y vi que uds se pasaron por mi blog hace días... espero que les haya gustado como a mí me gustó el de uds... les dejos mi saludos y: VAMOS ARGENTINA CARAJO! =D (perdón por la palabrota jajaja)