Thursday, November 13, 2008

Big Head has something to say too

Oscar RUGGERI, the man Diego wants as his number 2, won everything as a player from a domestic title with Boca Juniors in 1981 -alongside MARADONA-, to a World Cup in 1986 -alongside MARADONA-, to the league-Copa Libertadores and Copa Intercontinental treble with River Plate in 1986 -with the mythical Norberto "Beto" ALONSO-, to one La Liga title with Real Madrid in 1989-1990 -alongside BUTRAGUEÑO that time-, to the two Copa America in 1991 and 1993 -with BATISTUTA- and then a league title with San Lorenzo in 1995.

Now...he just might have to win the most difficult title of his life: Assistant Manager of Argentina.

"I have no words to express what I feel after seeing what Diego is doing. I'm surprised."

"I think Diego doesn't have to let this moment go by."

"I think if the AFA selects a manager, they should give him the liberty to choose the people he wants to work with."

"GRONDONA was upset after I said a few things on the radio, but those things were not as terrible as they want to make them sound."

"I tried to talk with GRONDONA but couldn't reach because nobody answered".

"For him (GRONDONA) it's always "TODO PASA" (which means: All things must pass or something like that), except when it comes to me."

"MARADONA has a long list of friends he can take to the National team but instead he is taking risk to take someone like me with whom he didn't speak for a long time now. He knows how I feel about the national team and all those times we played there for free. After this signal by Diego, I'll continue to be next to him. Be it from the inside or from the outside. Wherever I can be."

RUGGERI also asked Diego not to quit:

"I came out to talk because I think Diego can't let this chance go by. He has to travel to Scotland and train our national team."

"I thought it was going to be difficult to convince GRONDONA but I didn't expect it to be this hard. I've never seen GRONDONA as nervous as he was yesterday".

Well...I don't think RUGGERI did himself any favours with those comments.

The soap opera continues...when will we have just FOOTBALL???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I son freaking hate AUTOCRACTS and DICTATORS.We need some democracy here. Let Diego choose his man.

And it would be a shame if Diego gives up this fight. Be like the person who is tattooed on your right arm.

Hasta La Victoria Siempre.

Vamos Albiceleste
Vamos Diego

Anonymous said...

NOT son BUT so* freaking

Anonymous said...

fear of god essentials hoodie
hermes handbags outlet
kyrie 7
paul george
supreme t shirt