Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Andres Romero Continues It Too

What a weekend did we had indeed!!!

Albiceleste are just simply putting us in cloud nine on every front and just as I thought are we done yet, there comes some more.

First Jose ACASUSO killing HEWITT at the Sony Ericsson Open and then this.....

Andres ROMERO played a solid golf game, and then he played the waiting game. He won them both.

That was how the first two lines that I've discovered while reading an article from Yahoo Sports. It has been a while since we’ve heard anything from golf but now in 2008, I guess it is just about to get started for our boys.

In just his 12th PGA Tour start, ROMERO won the Zurich Classic with a 4-under 68 on Sunday—a one-stroke victory over Australia’s Peter LONARD.

“It was very important to put that score two hours and a half before the end,” ROMERO said through an interpreter. “It was great because they had to reach that score.”

On Sunday morning he was a shot behind John MERRICK. Once the third round was completed he was 13-under 275 total on the TPC Louisiana and earned $1,116,000.

But still at that point, ROMERO had to wait for others to complete their round.

“I was in the players’ lounge having some lunch and chatting with my friends,” he said. “I had some lunch and called home and told my mom. They had to do the job because I had already done mine.”

No comments: