Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Just how funny it is. I was listening to some David BOWIE's songs and when I started giving our blog a fresh look, guess which was the tune that started coming out of my speakers...yep...Ch-ch-ch changes...

OK, so finally I've found some time to dedicate to things other than the content. So I have added a couple of tools to our site.

There are a series of videos from YouTube about some key words that I have entered but some might have nothing to do with our Albicelestes (like I've seen a video displayed there where a couple dances the tango or Madonna plays Evita).

Also...there will be breaking news from Google News and of course, there'll be about our beloved Albicelestes.

The only thing that concerns me is that, from what I'm seeing here, since I'm in Brazil, all the news are being shown in Portuguese! And I can't seem to find a solution to have them in English.

It's a shame and I'll try and sort out that problem.

In the meantime, let me know what you think about this new look we have and send me your suggestions, ideas and whatever comes to your mind to make our blog better.

3 comments:

John said...

Great look indeed, providing everyone some fresh perspective. As the Portuguese issues, perhaps you may want to use language tool from Google. Which is situated next to the search column. It helps me in many ways.

I’m sure Alwin must be happy to know that you’re David BOWIE fan, he loves Starman to death.

Anyone else that you listen to?

Seba said...

Long live Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars! haha!

That Alwin boy, he's got great taste: Argentina and BOWIE! :)

Another new tool is the World Map on the right. Starting from tomorrow, we'll have a great source for knowing where we are in the World.

Up to these days, I haven't been "advertising" the site or inviting people to visit, but I'll make sure for the build up to the Copa America, we'll have many more visitors.

This fresh look and our national team really busy playing for our first major trophy in 12 years (apart from the Olympic Gold), should attract more Albicelestes from around the World.

As for the news in Portuguese...where is that language tool you're talking about John? I can't find it while updating the content of our blog. If it's in Google's home page, then I don't think I'll be able to use it.

John said...

Seba, it is situated right next to the search column. There are 3 items, which is Advanced Search, Preference and below that is Language Tools. You can translate from various languages to English. Very user friendly. Hopefully this could helpful for you.

I’ll forward you an e-mail with contains the attachment, you may view from there.