Saturday, November 28, 2009

DEL POTRO Wins Epic Semis To Play In ATP Finals

US Open champion Juan Martin DEL POTRO beat Robin SODERLING in a heavyweight encounter to reach the final of the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals for the first time.

The 5th seeded won 6-7 (1-7) 6-3 7-6 (7-3) to set up a decider against Russian 6th seed Nikolay DAVYDENKO, a surprise 6-2 4-6 7-5 winner against top seed Roger FEDERER. DEL POTRO is now one victory from landing the biggest title outside the four Grand Slams.

For a while, he looked to be in trouble when SODERLING converted his first break point of the night to lead the third set 4-2. However DEL POTRO immediately responded back with a break serve thus forcing the final set to a tie breaker.

DEL POTRO dominated the shoot-out after opening with a raking backhand winner and an ace.
After two hours and 10 minutes the man from Tandil found himself with four match points and he converted the second with an ace before raising his arms in triumph.

"I'm very happy to make my first final, one more match before my holiday," an exhausted DEL POTRO told the crowd.

14 comments:

Mohd said...

love this player. talented and humble.

on other hand; but did any of you watch Ever Banega dominating the field again? too bad valencia drew though

Unknown said...

I haven't seen Banega play since the WC U21 here in Holland. He was really great then, I always wondered why he didn't break through in Spain. But you say he's a strong player again?

Unknown said...

oh btw. Congratulations Delpo :p

Anonymous said...

he must defeat davydenko now, this shouldn't be difficult. i think the whole crowd will support del potro. don't know any person who likes davydenko.

Vitalij

messidona19 said...

I'm happy for Del Potro. I hope he maintains this level and doesn't just become another Nalbandian who had so much talent but no consistency.

Mohd said...

LaTiNo,

not only strong, but in my humble opinion he is already one of the best central midfielders in the world

Anonymous said...

I just got a new Tv and new surround sound...we have an HDMI cable from the cable box to the tv then and HDMI from the surround sound, an audio cable from the surround to the cable box...the surrond works when watching tv however it doesn't work when playing my playstation...the playstation is plugged right into the tv...I tried putting the playstation into the surround and the audio wires into the tv but then it only works for the playstation and not when watching tv...anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

andre_vedder said...

Boas

Pessoal aqui todo o futebol e nba em directo entre e veja aonde poderá ver na sua tv.

http://futebolnatv.freehostia.com/

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.
[url=http://2012earth.net/your_new_chakra_system.html
]world schedule 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012

yanmaneee said...

goyard handbags
nba jerseys
coach outlet
nike 97
nike shoes
moncler outlet
curry 4
jordan 13
nike react
nike air max 95

cambuse.net said...

Howdy I’m thus excited I found your own web page, I really identified you accidentally, as i had been studying about Yahoo for something different, Anyhow I will be right here now and would likely prefer to point out cheers for any amazing publish plus a all-round thrilling blog (I also adore the actual theme/design), I can’t have enough time in order to browse everything in the moment but I have bookmarked that as well as added your own RSS feeds, then when We have moment I am to read far more, Please keep up the fantastic work. cambuse.net

tothen said...

aaa replica bags luxury replica bags high quality designer replica

Unknown said...

check out this site Ysl replica bags navigate to this website high end replica bags browse around this web-site replica bags from china

steate said...

o7q16n1w33 l4i39g1b40 a3r32i3f28 c9e57j4w58 c5v18t3i44 x9z46d9f73