Friday, June 27, 2008

MESSI To Barca: I'm Going To The Olympics

Finally we can all take a deep breath and be happy to hear this wonderful news. Thanks P2BN with sharing it with us. After months of speculation from various resources, it is confirm that Lionel MESSI will go to Beijing. Here is article that I've copied from Goal.com.

The Albicelestes did not concede a goal four years ago as they claimed gold virtually unopposed while Paraguay took the silver and Italy were forced to settle for bronze.

The team from Athens boasted the likes of Roberto AYALA, Gabriele HEINZE, Javier MASCHERANO, Lucho GONZALEZ, Javier SAVIOLA and Golden Boot winner Carlos TEVEZ – and their squad for Beijing is no less formidable.

Premier League stars TEVEZ (now where did they got this news from?) and MASCHERANO are set to defend their medals, while the likes of Sergio AGUERO and Real Madrid duo Gonzalo HIGUAIN and Fernando GAGO will join MESSI among Argentina’s La Liga contingent.

Barcelona have attempted to block the 20-year-old from going to China as the Olympics coincide with the opening of the European season, meaning he would miss the club’s first Champions League fixtures.

But MESSI is determined to represent his country, and insisted he is looking forward playing alongside AGUERO and co this August.

"I am going to the Olympic Games whatever may happen," MESSI said. "The truth is though that I do not know how we can resolve things, but there is no doubt that I will be there.I have really high hopes with the Olympic squad. I am very pleased that Sergio AGUERO is joining us and I am looking forward to playing alongside him."

I've always said in the past, I want Lionel, Kun and all our best boys to go to Beijing and bring us the gold. It's the only we have after such long long time.

No comments: