I can say is that we saw a brilliant first half by Argentina that finished 3-0. And here are a few bullet-points on the match and our performance:
- MESSI was brilliant with one goal, one assist and also a key role in Maxi RODRIGUEZ's goal.
- AGÜERO played a great game and scored the fourth after a neat pass by MESSI.
- BURDISSO caught a rebound in Mexico's box and opened up the scoring.
- ABBONDANZIERI made a terrible mistake in arguably the only shot on target by Mexico in the entire match. He miscalculated the trajectory of the ball and let it in, basically.
- The back three looked very solid.
- MASCHERANO and GAGO contained Mexico very well.
- Maxi was all over the place, he scored one and he was denied by SANCHEZ in another fine move.
- CRUZ was not up to the job. He did played a nice low cross in MESSI's goal but he looked average, didn't finish quite well and sometimes he looked kind of lost.
- A great performance and a sensational display of scoring prowess that is surely the mark of a good team.
Let us know what are your thoughts on the game and vote for your man of the match.
Mundo's choice is Lionel MESSI. Supersonic as always. Very very comfortable on the ball. Unstoppable for Mexico. Great work-rate as well and a total awareness as to where were his team-mates at all times. Good ball distribution too. Impressive stuff from Pulga!