Friday, June 27, 2008

Copa Libertadores Final First Leg – The Albiceleste Made Their Presents Felt

Sorry incase if you find that this posting might just a bit too late but I just felt that I needed to write something. After being crashed and burned with work for the past few days finally I had a moment to lay back. The first I did was to watch the repeat of the Copa Libertodores first leg. My oh my, what a game it was. I’m not sure about the rest of you but I say this match was way better than the Champions League Final.

From start to finish it was just pure South American infested flair football from both teams. The best part of all, the way it just took off with an Albiceleste bang.

Claudio BIELER started it off with a superb finish after receiving a low cross from Joffre GUERRON. Then comes Dario CONCA, just as what my friend Jon mentioned in our preview post, he curled in a 30 meter free kick to level the score Fluminense.

LDU then went on to strike three more goals which sent everyone in the La Casa Blanca into ecstatic mode.

The second was courtesy of a rebound from GUERRON after Dario MANSO had his shot saved by Fernando HENRIQUE. Jairo CAMPOS made 3-1 with near post header. MANSO was also involved in the fourth from which his corner kick that Patricio URRUTIA headed home.

Tiago NEVES pulled one back for the visitors but then it was a little too late for them. Overall it was a real good game to watch that even my Dad was captivated by the Ecuadorean team.

As an underdog supporter I had my wish seeing LDU winning, not to mention very convincingly indeed. Now as a fan of football, my wish for the second leg is to see Fluminense making a great comeback.

No comments: