I don't have much time to write a full report now (and honestly, the match was not worth it!), but I will say a few things that left me happy and unhappy. Let's start with the happy things:
A HAPPY SEBA SAYS:
- It's always good to get a win. Beating the African champions in their own backyard surely means something.
- AGÜERO got another goal with the Albiceleste and is proving to be a great striking option.
- We didn't concede a goal (though it was more due to Egypt's inability to score rather than Argentina playing good defense)
- GAGO looked like he has 50 or 70 international matches under his belt.
- Maxi RODRIGUEZ is Argentine!
- We won plenty of headers in the opposite box.
- CRUZ and HEINZE should never be called up again. Unfortunately, HEINZE will get more calls and CRUZ could still be around in the future.
- BASILE: Why do you take a friendly match with the approach of a serious and competitive match in the sense that you made only 3 substitutions (all of them coming in the last 15 minutes -with two of them taking place in the last 5-)?
- We didn't test more players. Why we didn't see Lisandro more than 5 minutes? Why? What's the point of playing friendlies if you keep your 11 players for 90% of the match?
- We played boring, boring, boring football for most of the match.
- We failed to send any of the many headers we won in the Egyptian box on target.
Did you watch the match?
What made you happy or unhappy?
Here's the link to both goals: