Thursday, December 11, 2008

NBA News - Manu Leads Spurs Past Hawks

Whatever Gregg POPOVICH has in mind for Manu GINOBILI, he knows he can expect the same response from his team’s spark plug. Today against the Atlanta Hawks, he decides to put him back to the place that made him the league’s Best Sixth Man last season. The bench.

“It was a tough back-to-back,” Manu said. “He (Spurs coach POPOVICH) was thinking about it. So I said, ‘Go ahead.’ As I told you, sometimes I prefer coming from the bench, so no big deal.”

Manu scored 27 points to help the Spurs beat the Hawks 95-89 for their fourth straight victory. He was 8-if-12, including 5 of 7 from the 3-point line and made all of his six free throws. Not to forget, he also had 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal to his credit.

“Manu carried it for us,” Tim DUNCAN said. “He hit some big shots—obviously free throws down the stretch. He loves games like that. He loves situations like that.”

While he had no points to his name, Fabricio OBERTO defensive contribution (6 rebounds and 1 block shot) was crucial in helping the Spurs win tonight. Especially after grinding a win against the Mavs in double overtime just a night ago.

2 comments:

Yaj Nitsuga said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog...

Manu was the man in this game scoring 14 points in the 4th quarter. He does jump start the Spurs offense when he's in the game.

2fansView.blogspot.com

PIERREMANU said...

In this match, Manu typically took the responsibility when the team needs a reliable hand. This is one of the most important characteristic of Manu. But I want to say something off the match.

I'm Turkish. His Jersey is hanging on the wall of my room. He is my idol. But I couldn't understand why Argentinian people aren't interested in All-Star voting. I'm voting every day and I organized some of my friends for voting him. He's a legendary character in basketball history. And he is Argentinian. This is a precious honor. But I think Argentina isn't giving enough support this big Argentinian.