Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mundo Albiceleste feels for RONALDO

Yes, he plays for the "enemy". Yes, he often scores against Argentina. But in times like this, all of those things are put into perspective. RONALDO sustained a terrible knee injury today playing for AC Milan against Livorno and the first diagnosis are suggesting it will take at least 9 months for him to recover.

That's a really long time for someone with the history of nasty injuries he has and the first thing that comes to my mind is that his dream of playing in the Olympics and giving Brazil their first ever gold medal will never come true.

Many think this could be the end of his career and I'm one of those who will want him to make another miraculous comeback and retire on a high note. His greatness deserves nothing less.

RONALDO is one of the greatest players of my generation (I was born only 1 year after him) and he is the kind of star that makes you forget which shirt he's wearing and he is an example of resilience and toughness to overcome whatever injury have come his way.

All of these reasons are enough for me to write the first ever non-Argentine related post in the history of Mundo Albiceleste. This is how I feel right now. This is what I want everybody to read about.

Vamos RONALDO!

4 comments:

John said...

It pisses me off to see that he always scores against Argentina. But in the end, he is just doing his job and you can't complain about that.

A talent like him don't come easily nowadays and this latest injury for him is a tragic tale.

Though I feel his best days are now behind him but he still has a lot more to offer.

I certainly hope, for football sake at least, he recovers soon and make another a great comeback journey.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, it is a shame that he went down again. I really feel bad for him, he is one of the best I have ever saw,(was a bit too young to recall Diego's greatness, only 2 when he won the WC), Zidane, Batistuta,Baggio also come to mind. His pace, his style was out of this world, hey even know I do a walk over on the ball, sure it gets kick it away but give me a break yeah?. I do hope he comes back, and has a swan song like Ramrio did 7 years back or so. Get well friend.

Jack!

John said...

Atletico lost to Bolton, Kun got sent off for spitting!!!

Milanista said...

Thank you, just plain thank you! As a Milan fan it actually means the world to see an Argentinian fan mention him and have sympathy for him. I understand the rivalry between the two nations is strong and this just makes your comment even more special and meaningful.

Good luck Ronie