Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The time has come: I'M GOING TO BEIJING!

Dear Mundo Albiceleste friends, I'm writing this to let you know that I'll be traveling to Beijing on Wednesday to start working with the Olympic News Service as a football reporter.

It's an amazing time for me and I can't wait to arrive in China and live this incredible experience of working at an Olympic Games and following the action on site!

The bad news is that I've been informed that Blogger is blocked in China (censorship is still going strong there) and I'm afraid I won't be able to post, comment or even read this site.

I've got a plan, though, and you'll hear from me from the shadows! I'll be e-mailing John all the text and/or pictures I'd be willing to share with you and he'll post them in my behalf. Hey...you've got to find your way around, don't you?

I'll be staying in Beijing until 18 September as I'll also be covering the Paralympic Games.

I'm sure I'll miss you all and I'm gutted I won't be able to read all your comments, but I'll also ask John to send me your comments regularly so I'm in touch with you all.

There'll be plenty to discuss with the football and basketball teams fighting to defend their respective gold medals from Athens. The female field hockey team (Las Leonas) and a few tennis players with NALBANDIAN heading the lot, will be looking to get medals too. And I'm sure it'll be a very exciting event to witness.

There's also the start of the new season in every European league and I'm sure John will keep an eye on the established Argentine stars and all the newcomers!

Anyway...this is just a "see you soon" message and I would also like to thank you for all your continued support of Mundo Albiceleste and your valuable opinions and your friendship!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude..Thanks for all this. U are really doing a great job .

Best of Luck of your new assignment .

Meanwhile John please paste the Seba's email regulaery :)

God Bless u all..

John said...

Good luck amd have a safe journey Seba,

I'll do my best to bring coverage in Mundo Albiceleste!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, enjoy yourself and will be eagerly awaiting your reports.

johnny said...

Congrats Seba ! A wonderful, once in a lifetime opportunity. I am sure you will will have a great time. I will miss your comments here and at HEGS. I know you will be sorely missed by everybody at both blogs.

Roy said...

Congrats Seba! Have a safe flight and have a blast.

Anonymous said...

Hey Seba, Argentina Olympic Football team is playing its first two games in Shanghai, not Beijing. So don't go to the wrong stadium!

Anonymous said...

Very good news! So enjoy your time. About avoiding censorship. Maybe you can use proxy but ohh well! you are in china and i heard they are even keeping eyes on all journos. So beter not write anything even about the air quality. Anyways, Enjoy your time and we will be waiting for alot of info and possibly a surprise interview with some of the team members..:-D

have a good journey and enjoy ever bit of it..btw for which company are u going?sorry if i missed it somewhere in ure article.

Vamos Albiceleste

yanmaneee said...

fila
golden goose sneakers
golden goose
timberlands
nike air max 95
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
adidas yeezy
yeezy shoes
air jordans