Tuesday, July 29, 2008

NI HAO from Beijing!


I arrived in Beijing on 18 July but I was unable to post anything until right now, when I'm at a Starbucks coffee near the Workers' Stadium.

In only my second day in this incredible city, I met the little fellow that's pictured next to me in the picture above and I didn't hesitate to take a picture to capture that moment. The back of his shirt said: MESSI and I think it serves as a message to FC Barcelona! China wants to see MESSI! MESSI wants to come to China! Come on, Barcelona! Get your act together!

Anyway...let's forget about it for a second.

I want to let you know that this city is completely ready for the Olympics. The locals are incredibly nice and they make you feel at home wherever you go. I think they have 5 volunteers for each visitor! I'm exagerating here, but I can assure you the volunteers are always smiling and doing their best to help you with anything.

I've had many conversations with a lot of people about Argentina and football in Argentina and there's no doubt the Albicelestes are one of the darlings of the Chinese football fans.

I hope I can give you regular updates on my experience in China.

I have to sign out now, but I'll be back soon!

Before I leave, though, I thought I'd share another picture with you with yet another young fan of the Albicelestes (but please, don't make any comments about my pants! hahaha!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog could be more exciting if you can create another topic that everyone can relate on.

John said...

Seba!!! What a wonderful news this is. Glad that we can hear more from you.

Yes!!! That pant's gotta go my friend!!!

johnny said...

Seba-nice to hear from you and it looks like you are having a great time. Please, more reports from China when you can, on football, the culture, and whatever comes to mind ! And photos !! Great pics !

I had a pair of Bermuda shorts like that in the summer of 1965.

Anonymous said...

keep going Seba .. gr8 job you people are doing ...
Best luck and have nice time...