Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Friendly against Chile confirmed

After a couple of FIFA fixtures in which the Albiceleste was nowhere to be seen, a friendly match for Argentina has been confirmed.

The local players training weekly with Alfio BASILE in Buenos Aires will play against Chile in Mendoza, Argentina on April 18.

It´ll be a great opportunity for COCO to test the local talent and for us to see how they´ve been working lately and which one of those players can really push for a place in the Copa America squad.

Mendoza is the capital city of the province that goes by the same name. This beautiful city is located really near Chile´s capital of Santiago.

The Malvinas Argentinas Stadium was built for the 1978 World Cup and Godoy Cruz (currently in the first division) play their home matches there.

5 comments:

johnny said...

Hello Seba,

I was wondering if you might know the best way to go about getting tickets to see the friendly in Mendoza. I am in Buenos Aires and this seems like a perfect opportunity to make my first visit to Mendoza. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Johnny

Seba said...

Hmmm...I really don´t know a thing about it and I´m not in Argentina at the moment. However, my guess is that there will still be tickets on sale the day of the game.

They still have no info on the AFA website (www.afa.org.ar)

Will try and get some info for you but I can´t promise I´ll come out with something.

Anonymous said...

Hi Seba,

I guess this is going to be a great match, as I’m sure Chileans fans from across the border will definitely make the trip. Hopefully there is some live coverage here in Malaysia.

For me the most important aspect of this game will definitely be on Juan Sebastian VERON as I’m sure all eyes will be on him as he makes his comeback.

John
Malaysia

Anonymous said...

Another great night for Walter HERRMANN as he collected 13 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists in Charlotte BOBCATS 101-87 win over the Atlanta HAWKS.

John
Malaysia

Anonymous said...

News Just in:- http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/29032007/2/photo/diego-maradona-hospital.html

Lets Pray and hope he will get well soon. Vamos DIEGO!! You will always be in my heart.