Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Late Comeback Show from Seville

Meanwhile in the Copa Del Rey, Sevilla left it late but they eventually managed to come from behind to beat Athletic Bilbao in the semi-final first leg, thanks to goals from Aldo DUSCHER and Lautaro ACOSTA.

Athletic seemed to cope better with the situation though, and Fernando LLORENTE gave them the lead just before half-time with a header from a corner.


Sevilla failed to create much and only after DUSCHER had leveled the match with a booming strike from close range after the break, did they look dangerous, but it looked to be to no avail, as Federico KANOUTE spurned a great chance to score from the spot with five minutes left.

However, with just a couple of minutes to go, Sevilla grabbed the winner as a deflected shot from DUSCHER found its way through to ACOSTA, and he beat Gorka IRAIZOZ from close range.

I just wonder, how much Checho BATISTA must have wished he had someone like ACOSTA to do him the same favour as he did for TOCALLI two years ago.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Yo John, this is Andrew Nuschler.

I'm the author of that Warrior/Spur piece with the bad call.

I'm literally astounded anyone commented on my blog. I'm very much flattered.

I actually only keep that as a sort of start-up template where I write rough drafts.

I post the final stuff and engage in dialogue at under a profile of the same name.

www.bleacherreport.com

It's a pretty cool place to write/discuss all kinds of sports with some sincerely intelligent/reasonable people.

You should give it a look if inclined.

I genuinely enjoy it; this isn't some sales pitch.

Plus, I don't really check this blog for comments ;-)

Thanks again.